Sunday, June 9, 2019

the results and a day that went all kinds of wrong

Hey, this is Lauren again. This is the moment you all might have been waiting for... the Buxton test. We did the test a few nights ago, and I filmed it and edited it a bit for you to enjoy.

Please enjoy.



Now that you have hopefully watched the video of the results, you will know that Owen surprisingly did well in picking out the Buxton. He exceeded my expectations a lot. Now let me take you through yesterday, June 8th.

We started the day by taking the metro to where a few stadiums are located, like where the world cup and rugby games take place. At 12:45, we showed up near the Architecture Museum for a tour we had booked to Versailles, both the palace and the gardens. So we got on the bus and after what was supposed to be a 30 minutes bus ride turned into an hour bus ride, we made it. The weather was a bit chilly because of a breeze, but not unbearable. This is when everything started to go downhill. At first only a drizzle started, and we all thought that we were okay. Let me tell you this, though. Before we left the apartment this morning, my mom and I collectively decided that we didn't need an umbrella or a raincoat. That was a mistake. After a few minutes with us walking towards the beautiful palace covered in gold, the rain started to get a lot more intense.  It was most definitely pouring. My dad and I had nothing to protect us from the rain, but my mom put a scarf on her head and surrounded her face with it, and Owen had a hood on his jacket. We were all miserable. We got through security and walked up to the palace in a downpour. Our tour guide then told us that we should line up against the wall with a tiny bit of covering from the rain. Apparently we had to wait for other groups to get inside. We didn't end up getting inside the palace until 3 something in the afternoon.


Once inside we were very thankful, but soaked. Well, I mean, my dad and I were soaked. My mom's hair looked perfectly fine where mine was soaking wet. What I find funny is that in the beginning she just kept apologizing to me for a while until she realized that she cover cover both of us with the scarf. At that point I was already soaked but happy that she thought of that.

The outside of the palace does no justice to what the inside looks like. The walls and ceilings covered in gold and marble with the look of wealth in every inch. Not one tiny piece of the palace was not thought through. I will put in a few photos of some of the rooms to give you an idea here. Once we finished our tour, we started to head over to the gardens. Thankfully at this point the rain had stopped. This is the part that my mom had been looking forward to the most out of everything in our trip to Versailles. Well, this didn't go too well for her. To get into the gardens we would have to pay for another ticket, and we weren't going to do that. So, we just went to the cafe.

Now it was time to leave, but leave we could not as the bus driver's parking ticket did not work, and we had to wait a bit before we finally got out of Versailles. We then got the chance to go by the Eiffel Tower, which was beautiful.

We started walking a bit more, until it started to pour again, in which we took cover under some trees. We then went to get some food, in which my mom made a new best friend. Our waiter kept coming over to talk to her about American sports, which was pretty funny.

After dinner, we decided that we were tired and that we wanted to take the metro back. I was very confident, but the signs were so confusing that I didn't even notice when we got on the wrong train, another disruption in our day. We just got back on the train of that line going in the other direction, and made our way back to the apartment.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blogging Lauren!! And we we will never doubt Owen's taste buds..what a pro! Enough of this rain already!! But the good news is that it wasn't hot & humid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I am thankful that it isn't hot and humid.

      Delete
  2. Hi from Miss Laura! Your pics and blog are fab! Thrilled to finally see a smile outta O! The water test ha! You’ll have to tell me what the big deal is about that water some time. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owen claims that he has smiled in most of the photos, but that our dad decided not to put them in. I'll do my best to have him smile.

      Delete